Retail roundup in the sunshine
May 18, 2012
It’s a beautiful day for a walk around Chinatown or a picnic by the Lake. Even while basking the sun, downtown never sits still for long: here is a roundup of recent news about retail and services in the DTO.
- This weekend bring an Alice in Wonderland-theme book sale at the Bookmark Bookstore (721 Washington St)
- BART announces a late-night bus plan serving many of the system’s stations, although the only planned downtown stop will be Lake Merritt.
- Tully’s on Frank Ogawa Plaza closed; there’s no word that the space has been leased.
- Ferry service between Jack London Square and Oyster Point (South San Francisco) begins next month.
- An upscale donut-meets-cupcake shop is opening on Broadway below 20th St.
- Rumor has it that a well-known Berkeley bar/restaurant will be moving to the DTO this summer.
- The Pop Up Hood is officially over; Manifesto Bicycles’ custom bike shop has closed, and the remaining shops have full leases. With District opening and a restaurant in negotiations for the former Jesso’s space, Old Oakland looks to be surging toward an Uptown-like revitalization.
See you in the sun!