Bike to Pleasure Weekend follows Bike to Work Day
May 11, 2012
Yesterday was Bike to Work Day in the Bay Area, and by all accounts it was a big success, with a record-setting number of Oaklanders riding to work! Check out Oakland North’s article about the festivities outside City Hall. In honor of Bike to Work Day and Bike to Work Month, here are several bike-related events this weekend.
- May’s East Bay Bike Party, with a pajama theme, leaves this evening at 7:30 from Lake Merritt BART station.
- The Geared for Kids family ride returns for Mother’s Day, leaving from Jack London’s cabin Sunday morning at 10:30.
- Rebecca Kaplan announced yesterday that a bike station in Uptown will open within a year, hosting bike party and other facilities for cyclists.
- ProArts hosts a Preview Exhibition of its East Bay Open Studios – a self-guided tour of working artists’ spaces, many accessible by bicycle!
- Bike lanes on Broadway are expected to be approved by the City Council next week.
Happy weekend – enjoy it whether you are on two feet or two wheels!*
*Other configurations of mobility are also welcome in the DTO.